Monday, November 12, 2012

Florida Gators 2012 -- Weeks #10 & #11

I was away on vacation last week and didn't get a chance to write about my impressions of the Missouri game. Luckily I can sum up the last two games with just one word, YUCK!

I was hoping to be able to chalk up the lackluster Missouri game to a letdown after the big loss the week before. But then that was followed up with an equally lackluster performance. Of course, in both games that defense was stellar. So I suppose my main criticism is of the offense. Special teams wise, the blocked punt return for a touchdown to win against Louisiana-Lafayette is probably the most unlikely ending to a football game I've ever seen. Unfortunately that was necessary to offset the punt block that the Gators allowed to be returned for a touchdown. I feel like that team was really beginning to pick it up and gain some momentum when that block was allowed.

Since I'm short on time I'll simply say that I'm looking for a much more cohesive offensive unit against Jacksonville State, even with Brissett likely getting the start. I've been pretty disappointed in the play calling and would love to see Florida get back to the power running game instead of the run and shoot style. With all of the injuries on the offensive line, I think it will simplify things and allow the Gators to establish their size dominance. I'm hoping for a score in the vicinity of 31-6.

GO GATORS!


Just Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment