Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Palindromes


Language has never been one of my favorite subjects but from the very moment I learned of palindromes, I was fascinated. I think maybe it's the symmetry that I find so alluring. It's almost like math but with letters instead of numbers.

I looked at a list of palindromes and picked out some of my favorites. These are my favorites from the first half of the list:

A car, a man, a maraca.
A man, a plan, a canal: Panama.
A man, a plan, a cat, a ham, a yak, a yam, a hat, a canal-Panama!
A Santa at Nasa.
A slut nixes sex in Tulsa.
A Toyota’s a Toyota.
Amy, must I jujitsu my ma?
As I pee, sir, I see Pisa!
Are Mac ‘n’ Oliver ever evil on camera?
Bombard a drab mob.
Bar an arab.
Campus motto: Bottoms up Mac.
Dammit, I’m mad!
Delia saw I was ailed.
Dennis and Edna sinned.
Devil never even lived.
Did Hannah see bees? Hannah did.
Did I draw Della too tall, Edward? I did?
Do geese see God?
Doc, note, I Dissent. A fast never prevents a fatness. I diet on cod.
Dog doo? Good God!
Dr. Awkward
Drab as a fool, aloof as a bard.
Drawn, I sit; serene rest is inward.
Dubya won? No way, bud.
Ed, I hung a gnu hide!
Egad! An adage!
Elba Kramer saw I was remarkable.
Eva, can I stab bats in a cave?
Eve damned Eden. Mad Eve!
Evil olive
Evil rats on no star live.
Ew! Eat a ewe?
Flee to me, remote elf.
Gnu dung.
I prefer pi.
I roamed under it as a tired, nude Maori.
I’m a fool; aloof am I.
In words, alas, drown I.
Is it I? It is I!
Lager, sir, is regal.
Late metal.
Lisa Bonet ate no basil.
Lived on Decaf; faced no Devil.
Lonely Tylenol.

Just Joe

4 comments:

  1. That's so cool!!! I've never seen soooo many! heheheh
    "Egad! An adage!" is one of my favs... it's a little bit trickier than some cos of the hard & soft "g" sounds. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great point about the 'g' sounds!

    It's hard to pick a favorite but the jujitsu reference in "Amy, must I jujitsu my ma?" makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But my overall favorite will be in the next batch. :-)

      Delete