Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I Despise Politics

How much do millionaires and billionaires think their money will be worth after the revolution? Sure, it won't happen in this generation or the next or the next. But we (the United States) are certainly on that path. Remember Rome; the mightiest military ever... rotted from the inside and "poof!” Remember nearly every power in World War I; working-class pushed to the brink while huge inflation and skyrocketing food prices nearly starved them? Workers actually went on strike during the war! Well, except for England because they gave into worker demands and had the morale boost that went along with it. Remember Tunisia way back in December 2010? Egypt, January 2011? Libya, Syria, as I type? People will only be beaten down so long. It seems like we want to beat them just to the point where they are miserable but it could still be worse. Why beat them at all? I'm no historian but even I can see a country doomed to repeat the mistakes of ancestors passed.

Sorry, I just felt like venting.

No comments:

Post a Comment